Glucosamine sulfate 250 mg
Excipients: Lactose maize starch, magnesium stearate, talcum q.s. 1 capsule
Box of 10 blisters x 10 capsules.
Glucosamine, an active ingredient in Arthritis-care, an amino acid, plays an important role in the promotion and maintenance of the structure and function of cartilage in the joints of the body. If, due to a metabolic or in consequence of the aging process, the body no longer produces enough glucosamine, the cartilage begins to degenerate and osteoarthritis occurs. In case of osteoarthritis, glucosamine supplementation provides relief of pain. Beyond this, it seems that it can stop or slow the progression of osteoarthritis, in contrast to conventional anti-inflammatory in the long term that accelerates the degeneration of joints. It has not yet clarified the mechanism of action of glucosamine, but it may be that it increases the lubricating synovial fluid and slows the deterioration of cartilage. Besides stimulating cartilage production, glucosamine also has anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, glucosamine stimulates production of connective tissue of bone and decreases calcium deterioration.
Arthritis-care is an effective therapy for:
– Osteoarticular degeneration, rheumatoid arthritis
– Primary and secondary osteoarthritis: Cervical arthrosis, coxofemoral arthrosis, lumbosacral arthrosis, dorsal arthrosis and scapulohumeral arthrosis.
– Lumbago, joint pain.
– Fractures, osteoarticular dystrophies, chronic and subacute arthritis.
– Known hypersensitivity to any components
– Arthritis-care rarely causes digestive disorders, so patients can be treated with Arthritis-care for a long time.
– Glucosamine is an amino sugar; people with diabetes should check their blood sugar levels more frequently when taking this medication.
– Arthritis-care is a causative-treating medicine; the effect of drug can be reached 1 week after using. If suffered severely, patient should use concomitantly with anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug for the first time.
– Data on possible drug interactions with glucosamine is limited, but an increase in blood clotting time with anticogulants based coumarin (warfarin and acenocoumarol) was reported. Patients treated with anticoagulants based coumarin should be closely monitored when beginning or ending treatment with glucosamine.
– Concomitant treatment with glucosamine may increase the absorption and serum concentration of tetracycline, but the clinical relevance of this interaction is probably limited.
– Because of limited data on possible drug interactions with glucosamine one should be generally aware of a response or a modified merger of drugs used concomitantly.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Pregnancy: There are no adequate data from the use of glucosamine in pregnant women. Animal studies have not provided sufficient data. Glucosamine should not be used during pregnancy.
Lactation: No data are available on the excretion of glucosamine in human milk.
The use of glucosamine during breastfeeding is not recommended because of the lack of data on the safety of the infant.
EFFECTS ON ABILITY TO DRIVE AND USE MACHINES
Arthritis-care unlikely has effect on the ability to drive and operate machines.
The mild and moderate cases: 2 capsules per administration, 2 times a day, for 6 consecutive weeks.
The severe cases:
– Initial dose: 2 capsules per administration, 3 times a day, for at least 8 weeks.
– Maintenance dose: 2 capsules per administration, 2 times a day, for 3 – 4 consecutive months.
Arthritis-care is administrated by oral route. For maximal efficacy, Arthritis-care capsules should be taken 15 minutes before meals.
The most frequently associated with treatment with glucosamine are nausea, abdominal pain, indigestion, constipation and diarrhea. In addition, cases of headaches, fatigue, rash, pruritis and flushing have been reported. Side effects reported were generally mild and transient.
Report any side effects to your doctor during period of treatment.
No overdose information is available.
36 months from the date of manufacturing.
Store in a dry and cool place below 28°C, protect from light.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
READ ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY BEFORE USE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE ASK DOCTOR’S ADVICE
SAOKIM PHARMACEUTICALS JSC.,
Quang Minh Industrial Zone-Me Linh-Ha Noi-Viet Nam