Ciprofloxacin Tablets BP 500 mg
For use of a Registered Medical Practitioner or a Laboratory only.
Each film coated tablet contains:
Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride BP
equivalent to Ciprofloxacin 500mg
It is a broad spectrum fluoroquinolone antibiotic.
Respiratory tract, Urinary tract, E.N.T., skin and soft tissue, Gastro intestinal tract, Intra-abdominal, Gynaecological, Bone and joint and Severe sytemic infections, Gonorrhoea.
The recommended dosage schedule of oral Ciprofloxacin is as follows:
• Uncomplicated UTI/Gonorrhoea: 250mg every 12 hours.
• Prostalitis and complicated UTI: 500 mg every 12 hours.
• Lower respiratory tract infections: mild – 250 mg; moderate to severe – 500 mg; all every 12 hours.
• ENT Infection/Bone and joint infections: 500 to 750 mg every 12 hours
• Gastroenteritis: 250 mg every 12 hours.
• Enteric fever/Gynaecological infections: 500mg every 12 hours.
• Septicemia, bacteremia and intra-abdominal infections: Initial IV ciprofloxacin may be followed by oral 500 to 750mg every 12 hours.
Hypersensitivity to Ciprofloxacin or any other Quinolone derivative. Not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Use with caution in patients of renal impairment, cerebal arteriosclerosis or epilepsy. Keep patient well hydrated to prevent crystalluria.
Lactation: Drug passes in to breast milk, may affect the infant adversely.
Diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, restlessness and arthralgia.
Magnesium, aluminium calcium, iron and zinc antacids decrease Ciprofloxacin absorption. Potentiates oral anticoagulants. Rifampicin reduces serum concentration of Ciprofloxacin. CNS excitation occurs with concurrent administration of quinolones and NSAIDs.
Store in a day place at a temperature not exceeding 30°C.
Protect from light.
Keep all medicines out of reach of children.
Blister of 10 tablets in a carton.
NAFDAC REG. No. B4-4021
Manufactured in India by
ALPHA LABORATORIES LTD.
33/2, A.B. Road, Pigdamber
453 446, Indore (M.P.)
MAYGLOW PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.