DANA PHARMACEUTICALS INFUSIONS
Storage and handling instructions
• Medical or related professionals must supervise the storage area.
•The storage area must be cool and dry, and the temperature should be maintained between 25°C – 30°C.
• The storage area must also be hygienic, dust free, suitably ventilate and free from toxic or harmful substances.
• Do not over stack the cartons containing the pouches of Infusions (not more than 8 rows in height) to prevent exerting pressure on the lower cartons.
• Pest control and fumigation should be carried out on regular interval within and around the storage area.
• Store with minimal exposure to light (Those products indicated as “Protect from light”).
• Principle of “first in, first out” (FIFO) should be diligently observed in dispensing the infusion stock.
• Regularly check stocks for any leakages or damaged cartons.
• Report to the Manufacturer immediately if there is anything abnormal with the product.
To be administered by Medical or qualified health professionals only.
• The following information should be checked before use: Manufacturing date, Expiry date, Batch number and Contents.
• The Directions for use (printed on pouch) should be read thoroughly.
• Apply mild pressure to check for any leakage. Do not use if leaking.
• Inspect the pouch for any visible particles. Do not use if presence of particle is suspected or if solution is not clear.
• Pouches should not be kept on rough and/or rusty surfaces.
• Avoid holding or pulling of pouches at the neck region.
• Do not re-use the product, as it is for “Single-use” only.
• The medical professional should clean his hands aseptically before handling the infusion.
• Sterile Infusion set, such as Dana Infusion set, should be used.
• The neck of the pouch should be aseptically cleaned before puncture.
• Use sterile syringes and needles to introduce any other injection into the pouch.
• Clean the skin surface aseptically at point of injection and use sterile needle to locate the vein.
• Medical professional should check the flow of fluid and monitor the infusion-giving process.
• If there is any adverse reaction on patients, stop using the infusion and report immediately to the manufacturer.
For any further clarifications contact
DANA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.
SHIRORO DAM ROAD, MAITUMBI, MINNA,
NIGER STATE, NIGERIA.