IVYFLUR EYE DROPS
Please read this leaflet carefully before you start to use Ivyflur Eye Drops.
What is in the bottle?
Ivyflur Eye Drops contain 0.3mg of the active ingredient Flurbiprofen Sodium per ml.
They also contain Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium Edetate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphates, Polysorbate-80 and Water for Injection.
What are Ivyflur Eye Drops used for?
Ivyflur is used to inhibit intra-operative miosis during eye surgery and to control post-operative inflammation of the anterior segment of the eye.
Before using Ivyflur Eye Drops
In some circumstances this medicine may not be suitable for you and your doctor may wish to give you a different medicine, so:
• If you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant.
• If you are breast feeding a baby.
• If you ever had to stop taking medicine because you were allergic to it.
INFORM YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING TO USE THIS MEDICINE.
How to use Ivyflur Eye Drops
• Put 1 drop into the eye, beginning 2 hours prior to surgery and repeated at 30 minute intervals for a total of 4 drops per eye.
• To control post-operative inflammation the same dosage regimen is used prior to ocula surgery followed 24 hours after surgery by the instillation of 1 drop 4 times a day for 1 – 3 weeks.
• Do not touch the dropper tip to any surface as this may contaminate the solution.
Mode of use
• Tighten the cap completely on the nozzle.
• The spike in the cap will pierce the tip of the bottle.
• Dispense drops with gentle pressure.
• Replace the cap after every use.
While using Ivyflur Eye Drops
Do not wear soft contact lenses whilst using Ivyflur as the preservative may damage the lens.
What are the possible unwanted effects of Ivyflur Eye Drops?
Unwanted effects are rare, but sometimes there may be mild irritation or grittiness of the eye or visual disturbances There may be increased bleeding from ocular surgery and wound healing may be delayed.
How to store Ivyflur Eye Drops
• Store in cool place (below 25°C) away from light.
• Discard any remaining solution one month after opening the bottle.
Keep out of reach of children.
Who makes Ivyftur Eye Drops?
Ivyflur Eye Drops are made by
IVEE AQUA EPZ LTD,
L.R .18474/83, Athi River,
Date of Publication: December 2012