Mamiya Organics Royal Kids Regular No-Lye Conditioning Relaxer with Olive Oil and Regular Creme Activator
Kit content, Application requirements, Ingredients, Allergy test, Preliminary strand test, How to mix, Retouch application, Virgin application, Do’s and dont’s, Smoothing, Rinsing and shampooing, Condition and styling, Timing guide, Warning, Marketer and Maker of Mamiya Organics Royal Kids Crème Relaxer.
Kit Contains: 7 Crème on Crème Relaxers and Instruction Sheet.
You may also need: Towels, Hand comb, Timer, Plastic clips, Neutralizer shampoo, Mixing bowl, mixing stick, Detangling conditioner and Petroleum jelly.
Regular Creme Relaxer Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Calcium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Polyquaternium-7, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate 60, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).
Regular Creme Activator Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Guanidine Carbonate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Ceteareth-20, Polyquaternim-37, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).
ALLERGY TEST (Prior to Strand Test)
1. Mix No Lye Conditioning Crème Relaxer (Part A) and Crème Activator (Part B) according to the instructions.
2. Apply a small amount of the mixture to the inner fold of the arm near the elbow and leave on for 2-3 minutes. DO NOT EXCEED 3 MINUTES.
3. Rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
4. Examine area. If allergic reaction is noticed DO NOT PROCEED.
Do a PRELIMINARY STRAND TEST before Relaxing
1. After mixing part A with part B according to “How To Mix” instructions, apply a small amount of relaxer mixture to a strand of about 30 hairs at the back ofthe head.
2. Spread relaxer mixture evenly starting about 1/8 inch from scalp to end of new growth. Smooth to ensure even application coverage. Leave on no more than the indicated in Timing Guide according to your hair texture. Check texture and straightness of your hair frequently while waiting. If straightness is satisfactory before recommended processing time is up, end the test. Record time in Time Chart and use as your processing time. Otherwise, use the time recommended in Time Chart.
3. Rinse strands thoroughly with warm water. Use care to rinse only test strands. Neutralize hair with Neutralizer shampoo.
4. Look at strand, if the test strand breaks, do not use relaxer. If results are satisfactory continue to use relaxer. If the hair has been previously relaxed follow ”Retouch Application” instructions or if the hair has never been relaxed follow the Virgin Relaxer Application Instructions. Do not exceed time indicated in strand test.
BASE: Apply Base Crème (Not Included) around the hairline and the entire scalp using small subsections. Wait 2 minutes and proceed with relaxer application.
HOW TO MIX
1. Cut part A activator on dotted line and part B relaxer pouch on dotted line with scissors.
2. Squeeze part A activator pouch and part B relaxer pouch into mixing bowl.
3. Mix contents with wooden spatula until creamy smooth and uniform in color. Check that creme at bottom of bowl has changed color.
1. Put towel or cape over your shoulders and put on gloves before and during relaxer application.
2. Part hair into 4 sections-down the middle and from ear to ear. Avoid rubbing the scalp with comb.
3. Put on gloves and set timer as indicated by the strand test and timing guide for your hair texture.
4. Start at the back section or most resistant area. Make small ¼ inch partings and apply relaxer mixture with the back of a comb to the top and underside of section. Continue from crown to nape. Do not pull or stretch hair. Complete each section leaving the hairline for last.
NOTE: APPLY TO NEW GROWTH ONLY.
Follow Application steps 1 – 3. Then apply relaxer mixture to the entire length of hair strands section by section. Apply ample amount of products to allow for easy smoothing and even straightness.
IMPORTANT: TIMES LISTED IN TIMING GUIDE INCLUDED APPLICATION TIME.
DO’S AND DONT’S
1. Do wait 6-8 weeks between applications.
2. Do assemble everything you need before starting. If necessary ask a friend to help. This assures best possible results and even relaxing. Use a clock or kitchen timer. Put on a plastic shoulder cape or towel. Put on plastic gloves to protect your hands. Comb out tangles gently before applying relaxer. Do preliminary strand test before relaxing.
3. Do always wear plastic gloves while using relaxer.
4. Do not use on hair treated with progressive or metallic dyes. If type of hair color unknown contact manufacturer.
5. Do not apply relaxer directly to scalp.
6. Do not pre-shampoo hair.
7. Do not wet hair or scratch or scrape scalp in any way 24 hours before application.
8. Do not use any metallic materials for mixing or applying relaxer.
9. Do not use hot combs or color heated implements with relaxer.
10. Do not use over”curly perm” until hair grows out.
11. Do not use anti-dandruff shampoos for at least two weeks before and after relaxing your hair.
12. Do not use on hair that has been braided or extensions have been put in during the last 14 days before relaxing.
13. Do not use if braids or extensions have just been removed. Deep condition and wait 14 days before relaxing.
14. Never store relaxer crème that has been mixed with activator.
Smoothing your hair is the second part of the relaxer process. Smoothing the hair enhances the straightening process. After the relaxer mixture has been applied to all four sections, begin smoothing. For unrelaxed/Virgin hair, smooth from the roots to the ends using your gloved fingers or back of a comb using short firm strokes. Check timing guide and smooth until time expires or time indicated by strand test. For NEW GROWTH RETOUCH APPLICATIONS, smooth the new growth ONLY. Avoid over-lapping onto previously relaxed hair. Check timing guide and smooth until time expires or time indicated by strand test.
RINSING AND SHAMPOOING
1. Thoroughly rinse your hair with warm water to remove all traces of relaxer mixture. Care should be taken to avoid getting relaxer mixture residue in eyes and ears. While rinsing, use your fingers to gently open parts in the hair so the water can work its way through.
NOTE: Rinsing with a sprayer allows, increased water pressure and helps in rinsing the relaxer mixture out of the hair more quickly. If unavailable, rinse hair thoroughly under a faucet turned on full force.
2. Shampoo immediately with Neutralizing Shampoo 2x’s.
CONDITION AND STYLE
Apply your choice of Detangling Conditioner (NOT INCLUDED) to the hair from roots to ends making sure all hair is covered.
Leave in hair. DO NOT RINSE OUT
Proper timing is essential to achieve the beautiful results you want. The Strand Test will help you determine the time that’s exactly right for you. Remember that timing starts from the moment of application. Total application and smoothing must not exceed maximum time as indicated by your strand test results.
RECORD TIMING OF STRAND TEST RESULTS – MINUTES
|HAIR TEXTURE||APPLICATION||SOFTENING||TOTAL TIME|
|FINE||8 MINUTES||5 MINUTES||13 MINUTES|
|MEDIUM/NORMAL||8 MINUTES||10 MINUTES||18 MINUTES|
|COARSE/RESISTANT||8 MINUTES||12 MINUTES||20 MINUTES|
DO NOT EXCEED TIME LIMITS!
NEW GROWTH: If your hair has been previously relaxed apply only to the new growth. Allow 6 to 8 weeks between relaxer treatments. Avoid spreading relaxer mixture on previously relaxed hair.
FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY ON INSTRUCTION SHEET INSIDE KIT BOX TO AVOID SKIN AND SCALP BURNS, HAIR LOSS AND EYE INJURY.
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS ALKALI.
DO NOT USE IF SCALP IS IRRITATED OR INJURED.
DO NOT USE ON HAIR THAT HAS BEEN TREATED WITH THIOGLYCOLATE PRODUCT (CURLY PERMED).
DO NOT USE ON BLEACHED HAIR OR PERMANENTLY COLORED HAIR THAT IS BREAKING, SPLITTING OR OTHERWISE DAMAGED.
DO NOT USE WITH COMPOUND HENNA OR METALLIC HAIR DYES. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE TYPE OF HAIR COLOR USED, CONTACT THE HAIR COLOR MANUFACTURER TO FIND OUT. IF HAIR HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY TEXTURIZED OR RELAXED. APPLY TO THE NEW GROWTH ONLY AS DESCRIBED IN THE INSTRUCTION SHEET DIRECTIONS.
IF RELAXER CAUSES SKIN OR SCALP IRRITATION RINSE OUT IMMEDIATELY AND WASH WITH THE NEUTRALIZING SHAMPOO (NOT INCLUDED). IF PERSISTS OR HAIR LOSS OCCURS CONSULT A PHYSICIAN.
KEEP AWAY FROM EYES. CAN CAUSE BLINDNESS IF RELAXER GETS INTO EYES. RINSE IMMEDIATELY AND THOROUGHLY WITH WATER AND CONSULTS A PHYSICIAN.
SERIOUS INJURY CAN RESULTS IF RELAXER AND /OR ACTIVATOR IS INGESTED CONTACT A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY.
HAIR BURNS SO ALWAYS KEEP AWAY FORM SPARKS OPEN FLAMES AND EXCESSIVE HEAT.
MUST BE APPLIED BY AN ADULT.
NOT SUITABLE FOR USE ON CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS OF AGE.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LEADERS COSMETICS, LTD
Lagos – Nigeria.