OMECID Gastro Resistant Omeprazole Capsules BP
Indications, Contraindications, Dosage and administration, Recommended doses for adults, Undesirable effects, Storage condition, Manufacturer and Distributor of Omecid Capsule Medicine for Ulcer.
Each capsule contains Omeprazole BP 20mg (as enteric coated granules)
OMECID Is indicated in:
• Treatment of dundenal ulcer, including prevention of relapse gastric ulcer and reflux oesophagitis.
• Long-term management of reflux oesophagitis and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome.
• Symptomatic relief of heartburn in patients with gastro-oesaphageal reflux disease (GORD) and the short-term relief of functional dyspepsia.
• Helicobacter pylori-positive duodenal ulcers as part of an eradication programme with appropriate
• Treatment of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID)-associated gastric and / or duodenal ulcer/erosions.
• Reduction of the risk to develop gastric and/or duodenal ulcer/erosions and reduction of the risk of relapse for previously healed gastric and/or duodenal ulcer/erosions in patients on NSAID treatment.
• Short-term (up to 3 months) treatment of severe ulcerative reflux oesophagitis resistant to previous medical treatment.
Patients with known hypersensitivity to cephalosporin antibiotics.
Safety in pregnancy and lactation has not been established.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
OMECID is recommended to be given in the morning and swallowed whole with a half glass of liquid.
The capsules should not he chewed or crushed.
RECOMMENDED DOSAGES FOR ADULTS
20mg once daily for two to four weeks.
Prevention of relapse in patients with duodenal ulcer
10mg once daily.
If necessary the dose can be increased to 20 – 40mg once daily.
Gastric ulcer and reflux oesophagitis
20mg once daily for four to eight weeks.
In some gastric ulcer and reflux oesophagitis patients refractory to other treatment regimens, 40mg once daily may be effective.
NSAID-associated gastro-duodenal lesions with or without continued NSAID treatment
20mg once daily.
Prevention of NSAID-associated gastro-duodenal lesions and dyspeptic symptoms
20mg once daily.
Symptomatic gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
20 mg daily.
60mg once daily.
Dose reductions are not necessary in elderly patients.
The long-term safety of OMECID in patients with renal and hepatic impairment has not been confirmed.
Diarrhea; gas; headache; nausea; stomach pains; vomiting. Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; bone pain; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; dark urine; test slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe diarrhea; severe stomach pain or cramps; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision changes; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
Store below 25oC. Protect from light end moisture.
KEEP OUT OP REACH OP CHILDREN
Artwork No.: 5001103-00
MARKETING AUTHORISATION NUMBER(S): 0/25/1877
Manufactured in India By
Survey N. 198/2 & 198/3, Chachrawadi Vasna.
Ta: Sanand, Dist.: Ahmedabad – 382 210 INDIA
Distributed in Nigeria by
Justeen Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
57 B, Coker Road, Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria.