Each 100 ml contains:
Oxomemazine 0.033 g
Glyceryl guaiacolate 0.666 g
Sodium benzoate 0.666 g
Paracetamol 0.666 g
A combination in syrup form, based on an original formula of a very powerful antitussive agent, Oxomemazine, is a synthetic antihistamine, it is a phenothiazine derivative which also possesses sedative properties, Glyceryl guaiacolate is an antiseptic for the respiratory tract with expectorant activity, Sodium benzoate a mucolytic agent which fluidizes bronchial secretions, Paracetamol has antipyretic and analgesic properties.
The pleasant flavor of the excipients makes it easy for children and adults to be tolerable.
• Cough, whatever its nature: spasmodic, inflammatory or reflex.
• Cough due to the following conditions:
– Infections of the upper respiratory tract (rhinopharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis).
– Irritation of the respiratory tract by vapours or gases, excessive smoking, etc
• Whooping-cough-like night cough, emetic coughs.
• Respiratory allergies, chronic bronchorrhoea, bronchospastic bouts in asthma.
• Acute, subacute or chronic bronchitis and tracheobronchitis.
• Chronic respiratory insufficiency and emphysema.
• Acute or subacute pneumopathies, either infections or viral, acute dyspeic pneumopathies.
• Chronic pneumopathies.
The average daily dosage is as follows:
Children: (under 1 year): 1 – 2 teaspoonfuls daily.
(1 – 4 years): 2 – 4 teaspoonfuls daily.
(over 4 years): 3 – 5 teaspoonfuls daily.
Adults: 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls and more daily. If cough increases at night the evening dose should be increased.
A bottle containing 125 ml syrup.
AMARIYA PHARM. IND.