Sudrex® Cold and Cough Caplet
Composition, Mechanism of action, Indication, Contraindications, Dosage, Side effect, Warning and precautions, Drug interaction, Storage, Marketer and Manufacturer of Sudrex Caplet Medicine for Cold and Cough.
Each caplet contains
Paracetamol 500 mg
Dextromethorphan 12 mg
Caffeine 30 mg
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Sudrex act as analgesic-antipiretic, nasal decongestant and antitussive.
To relieve symptoms of cold such as headache, fever, nasal decongestion, sneezes and cough without sputum.
• See box warning
• Patients with severe liver disorder.
• Patients hypersensitive to drug components.
Adult: 1 caplet 3 – 4 times a daily.
Psychomotor disturbances, tachycardia, arrhythmia, palpitations, and urinary retention, drowsiness (rarely). High dose and in prolonged therapy cause hepatic impairment.
WARNING AND PRECAUTIONS
• See box warning.
• Caution patients with liver and kidney disfunction, glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy, hyperthyroidism, heart failure and diabetes mellitus.
• Not recommended for children, pregnancy and lactation woman except with doctor’s instruction.
• Co administration with alcohol may increase risk damage of liver function.
• It should not be given to people who are sensitive to other sympathomimetic drugs (e.g ephedrine, phenylpropanolamine, pseudoephedrine), severe high blood pressure patients who received drug therapy and anti-depressant type monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO).
• May not exceed the recommended dose.
• Careful use in patients with high blood pressure or who have potential for high blood pressure or stroke, such as in patients with excess weight (over weight) or elderly patients.
• If within 3 days the symptoms are not reduced immediately, contact your doctor or health care units.
• Stop using this medication in case of insomnia, palpitations and dizziness.
Concomitant administration with antidepressant type of Mono Amin Oxidase inhibitor (MAO inhibitor) may result in hypertension crisis.
2 blisters @ 10 caplets
NAFDAC Reg. No. : B4-4855
Store below 30oC.
Keep medicine out of reach of children
Orange Drugs Limited
66/68 Town Planning way, Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria
PT. Tempo Scan Pacific Tbk., EJIP Plot 1G-H,
Cikarang, Bekasi 17550 – Indonesia